Thursday 8 September 2011

Motivation

So it’s time to work on the skin cancer, to run about in the sun, go down to the beach and maybe swim with some sharks.
It seems sometimes that people wait the entire year for the few summer months and the couple of weeks of leave they have acquired from work.
Now I’m not knocking the summer vacation, I prefer summer myself, but I feel that the rest of the year is neglected, used to get work in watch television and put on weight that we furiously try to lose a couple of weeks before we have to be seen without a shirt again.
So what’s the problem, I enjoy a good series and love winter food, I hate the cold and would much rather be under a duvet in the wintertime. Coziness wreaks havoc on the physic. The problem: Motivation.

So many things could be done in winter with the right motivation, learn to play an instrument, get the body you want or just get fit.
Good resistive exercise can keep you stronger into old age; it also keeps bone density up helping fight osteoporosis and strengthening tendons. There are 50 plus year old body builders who are healthier and have less carless injuries than most 20 and 30 year olds around.
See that’s some motivation right there, the problem is “but, I’m not old, so I have plenty of time to start.” Yes putting off starting something is a lack of motivation. It seems time is always an issue, in fact no matter what people want to do there is never enough time.
That is because if we ever have free time we will find something to fill it, after a while that becomes a habit and we no longer have that free time. So if you need time you have to make it, wake up earlier, watch less TV, something.

Winter has just finished and I wish I had stared something four months ago but I’ll just do it now.

Davin

No comments:

Post a Comment