Tuesday 21 June 2011

Kind of Cold

I have found myself pretty obsessed with the weather lately; mostly because it’s so damn cold down here. I realize that it’s not Jo Burg or any really cold city but I do not do well in this 5 to 10 degree range.
Cedarburg in summer
Give me the Cedarburg in the middle of summer when it’s too hot to move, and just getting to the rock pools to cool off will leave you drained, the kind of heat you can see coming off the road and you wouldn’t mind a dip in the water at long beach.
I’m not just moaning here, there is a point. Today is the middle of winter, sure it won’t start getting warmer any time soon but it’s the winter solstice, and that means that at least the days start to get longer, the nights shorter. We should be a lot more inclined to an after work run, or braai, you know depending on how energetic we are feeling, and what wine happens to be in the cupboard.
Interestingly I was in the Karoo this weekend, now there is a place that can get hellishly hot, but of course with it being winter it was cold and being inland it was around zero degrees at night. The interesting bit is that even in that kind of cold it looks hot, the landscape I mean. Anyway I will put up a bunch of pictures of that weekend soon; there are some awesome places out there.

Davin

No comments:

Post a Comment