Wednesday 22 June 2011

Kind of Semicolon

 Welcome to our blog. This will either be the first in a long line of popular, well read, and generally successful blogs; or it won’t. I just used a semicolon. I better not do it too often. Apparently they’re addictive. They also say pictures are important.

 There.


 Who are ‘they’ anyway? And why do they always know better than everyone else? I wonder what they say about them. And if they have anything to say about them, what would that make ‘them’? They²? I think I’ll make this an educational blog. 

The semicolon is a punctuation mark used to mark a break that is more than that marked by a comma.* Its use is a bit complicated, so when people think they’ve got it down they tend to overuse it. I guess that’s why they say it’s addictive. But more on the semicolon: If you don’t know what a clause is (like me) it’s a sentencey thing that’s not quite a sentence. You can cut a couple of those bad boys up with a semicolon.


 I’m running out of words. They say you must keep your blog short. So let me just mention that that guy in the cap at the front who just successfully pushed Billy in the pool was me. And no, I didn’t get wet.

*The dictionary.

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment